Category Archives: Scoring
Saw GE do this today. Liked the simplicity and the pace.
- One on one with defender (at goal) serving to attacker.
- Only rule is that attacker has to take a touch (no one touch shots).
- Lines alternate serving (they’re obviously not going simultaneously).
- Rotate counter clockwise when done.
- a 3 v 3 + 3 (or similar, based on numbers)
- the 3 v 3 plays in the 18 to goal
- the +3 start with the ball above the 18
- the +3 pass to find seams for service or in the defense
- the 3 v 3 move and attack from the entry pass of the +3
- the 3 v 3 can pass back to the +3
- the defense can’t defend the +3
I’ve done a variation of this, I think with a circle and with more players (and maybe as keeper practice), but I like how this isolates the defender and forces the defender to move and think.
If you have one (or two) big goals (I’m assuming I won’t have four big goals), you could restrict the shooting, i.e. after two small-goal-shots, you have to shoot at the big goal with a goalie.