Category Archives: Attacking
Saw GE do this today. Liked the simplicity and the pace.
- One on one with defender (at goal) serving to attacker.
- Only rule is that attacker has to take a touch (no one touch shots).
- Lines alternate serving (they’re obviously not going simultaneously).
- Rotate counter clockwise when done.
Just thought of this one myself. We had some issues getting out of the back quickly enough, and I was looking at various transition games. This isn’t quite transition but might make a good first step. (And I forgot to add the ball to the illustration.)
- grid maybe 20 x 15 with evenly spaced cones along the sideline
- 3 v 2 (or similar; numbers are variable), each starting on opposite lines
- defenders serve to attackers
- attackers’ goal is to dribble across the opposite line
- but they get a point for each sideline cone they pass (so, say, the full goal is worth 4)
- should / hopefully focus on speed of attack and speed of defending / organizing because the attackers start scoring quickly
- emphasize that attackers should not attack in straight lines only
- defenders can attack the opposite goal if they win possession
- a 3 v 3 + 3 (or similar, based on numbers)
- the 3 v 3 plays in the 18 to goal
- the +3 start with the ball above the 18
- the +3 pass to find seams for service or in the defense
- the 3 v 3 move and attack from the entry pass of the +3
- the 3 v 3 can pass back to the +3
- the defense can’t defend the +3
- 2 v 2 in a small box with defending team starting with the ball
- When attacking team wins the ball in the box, it plays out of the box to its team on the outfield
- The game is then live
- Shift the square / 2 v 2 to a corner (rather than centered) and focus on switching the field as the team builds out of the back