Author Archives: edehoratius
Saw this while watching Watford – West Ham and thought it made for a simple yet effective way to warm-up / stretch.
Note too, as the passing progresses, that they vary their running: some backwards, some shuffling, etc.
- 2 cone lines maybe 10 yards apart and 10 yards wide
- players between each cone across from each other
- individual stretching
- then passing across the cone and switching places
- from GE
- (most easily done around the center circle)
- xs and os are each on a team
- opposite lines are labeled 1 and 2
- coach calls out a number
- the player in that line from each team sprints a quarter around the circle, around the next cone and to the ball
- whoever gets there first is on offense and attempts to bring the ball to their other line
- the ball must be dribbled to the cone (or thereabouts; this can vary based on skill and level)
- player stays in that line once they get there