We did this one at camp a few weeks ago, and it was a fun game to play. A flat goal works best with a goalie on either side.
- A grid about 40 x 60 (depending on talent and numbers).
- A flat goal in the middle, making two 40 x 30 grids or so.
- A crease outside the goal, maybe 5 yards wider than the goal and 10 yards out from the goal, within which teams can’t shoot (except for head balls or volleys); this is optional but seemed to improve the flow of the game when we added it.
- Two teams, each split into offense and defense.
- One offense and one defense on each side of the goal.
- Probably good to add an extra attacker on each side to improve the speed.
- Offense tries to score on their side.
- Defense defends their goal and moves the ball to their offense on the other side.
- Goalies distribute to the other side (to their offense) but can’t throw over the net.
Update: Going through some old Soccer Journals and saw this, which is an interesting varation: